Happy New Year Crafters!
As I have a rare "don't have to do anything" day (except that I'm ignoring the laundry), I thought I would chill out in my craft room (which I seriously need to give a name, yep) and blog a little...talk about the upcoming year.
It drives me crazy that there isn't more of a crafting presence on TV, and why is that? Is it that the people making programming decisions don't understand the satisfaction of making something instead of buying it, or learning a new craft that you never thought you would, or the excitement people get from learning from others (myself included)? Crafting seems like the redheaded step child, which is completely stupid because people have been crafting for centuries! So, in this absence, I am so thankful for the internet and YouTube and Pinterest!
This PYL world I've created isn't where I want it to be. I lost my mojo with the move from Oklahoma to Texas. It was a challenging move, probably because I was just so tired of moving...and this house...well....I'm still figuring out smart storage solutions. But, I'm bringing my mojo back!!! Because creativity is one of the things that makes me happiest, and I love being in a community of people that get that. I love sharing my hits and misses, and, you know what, I love that people PM me with pics of their creations. It's really cool. So how am I going to get PYL where I want it to be? I'm honestly not sure yet. What do you want to know about my crafting life? Do you want more videos, and, if so, do they all need to be instructional, or can they be about me discussing projects, products or whatever? IDK... Does my blog matter, or should I focus solely on my YouTube Channel? What is going to help YOU the most? What is going to be of interest to crafters out there? I don't have the answers yet, but these are the things I am focusing on in 2015.
Some things I DO know, my resolutions if you will, are:
1. MORE videos/blog posts. I have to interact with you guys more!
2. I absolutely HAVE to get my craft room done and videoed. I've got Ikea money burning a hole in my pocket! Alex Drawers, you will be mine!
3. Make more of my own embellishments out of wood, so they last!
4. Take more pictures of my family!
5. Tweet more...not going to lie, Twitter is a bit perplexing to me. :-P
6. Hang out with my gal pals in my craft room more. It was so cool chilling with some ladies last night up here...away from it all...talking about crafting.
7. Continue to notice creativity, art and style in people whenever and wherever I am. Here's a gift from my BFF, Rachel. I love how she used the clothespin to attach my tag. Her theme for this year.
So, let's have a craftastic year people!