Well, I finally got around to making my winter family tree video/blog post. This is a live tree, and I was a bit intimidated to put the deco mesh on it. But, I have to say that it was not bad at all. I bunched up the mesh as usual and secured the poofs to the tree using pieces of pipe cleaners. I also randomly arranged the deco mesh on this tree rather than going around or straight down. The blue ribbon as well as many of the ornaments are from Hobby Lobby and Target. The lush music sheet ribbon is made by d. Stevens. I LOVE d. Stevens ribbon! It is well worth the price! I bought the d. Stevens ribbon as well as the Santa tree topper at a local store in OKC. The winter picks are from Michael's.
Take a look at the video:
Now, here are some more photos:
What are some things to take away from this design:
- Mesh works on a live tree, without the use of a work garland!
- You don't have to attache your mesh in a symmetrical pattern. Try attaching it randomly!
- Spend money on lush, high-end ribbon. It's worth it!!!
- Never underestimate what the addition of floral picks can do to your design. Go big!
- Try adding something simple like jingle bells at the places on the deco mesh where you attach it to the tree.
Thanks for stopping by!
Take time to "Prettify Your Life"!!!