My latest doorscape is in honor of the OKC Thunder who one Game 1 in the NBA Finals last night. Go Thunder!!! I had a lot of fun with this door. I explored a burlap technique a little more with the basketball decorations. I still haven't "perfected" (if you even can) this technique, but I am working on it. I don't know if you have seen the large and small burlap decorations being sold in the stores, but that is where the inspiration for my burlap basketballs came from. I saw a small burlap basketball for sale in a store, but it was $11... just for one! I knew I needed 8-12 basketballs, so I decided to try my hand at creating them myself. I made all the basketballs on my door, both large and small, for the price of that little basketball I saw in the store. MAJOR savings! Don't get me wrong, I don't always try to make what I see. In fact, I have ordered some more detailed burlap decorations from the designer I saw in the store. But, $11 for a basic burlap decoration is overpriced in my opinion. I will make a video showing how I created my basketballs in a future post. Are they perfect? No. But, I still think they are cute, and they make me smile.
Supplies needed for this doorscape:
- 2 rolls of 21 inch wide white deco mesh.
- 1 roll of 4 inch wide royal blue deco mesh ribbon. Trendy Tree has some here.
- 1 roll of 2.5 inch wide orange deco mesh ribbon. Mardi Gras Outlet has some here.
- 2 packages of orange glitter glamour rope.
- A package of cheap plastic OKC Thunder pennant garland mod podged on foam board with floral wire hot glued to the back. I bought mine at a party supply store.
- Burlap basketballs (tutorial to come later this week).
Check out the video:
Now here are some pics:
Thanks for stopping by!
Take time to "Prettify Your Life"!