Happy Friday crafters!! I have been working on goldfish themed first birthday decorations for someone, and I came up with these 3D goldfish. It's for a little girl, so besides the obvious orange and blue color scheme, I decided to thrown in some hot pink.
Here is a list of supplies for the goldfish props:
- Styrofoam balls in sizes of your choice. I used 8 inch and 5 inch balls.
- Orange and pink felt
- Googly eyes--the largest size for the big goldfish and 20mm eyes for the little pink fish
- Orange and pink fun foam
- Straight pens
- Hot glue gun and glue. Use the low heat setting.
For the goldfish topiary:
- Styrofoam topiary from Hobby Lobby.
- Same supplies for the fish as listed above.
- Ribbon for the topiary stick.
- A fish bowl. I already had one on hand which I think I purchased at Wal-Mart.
- Candy or goldfish crackers for the filler.
Here is the how-to video:
And here are some pics. And, yes, I thought about putting mouths on the fish, but everything I came up with looked dorky. I liked them better without.
For the centerpiece, I used a foam topiary I purchased at Hobby Lobby. See pic below:
Thanks for stopping by!
Take time to "Prettify Your Life!"