Happy Friday PYLers!!!
In this post I am going to show you how I made the flags for my OK Land Run Doorscape...super easy! For a look at the entire OK Land Run Doorscape, click here.
Pre-made flags (Hobby Lobby next to the Tim Holtz scrapbooking supplies)
1. I just happened upon these AWESOME pre-made flags at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking section. They already had grommets in them and were eve sewn on the edges, yet still maintained a rustic look. You could always cut flags out of fabric or canvas if you can't find these.
2. I wrote last names on the flags with a black Sharpie. (Sorry for the fuzzy picture.)
3. Then, I poured a little bit of fabric stiffener on the flags and brushed it over the entire front side of the flag with a foam brush. Fabric stiffener can be found at craft stores next to the Mod Podge. Do NOT over apply the fabric stiffener because it can take a while to dry. A PYLer on the FB group told me about spray-on fabric stiffener. I recently purchased some but haven't tried it yet. She said it dries quicker. (Thank you Valerie!) Let the front side dry completely.
4. Next, flip over the flags to the backsides, and repeat Step 3.
5. Lastly, secure the flags to sticks by looping small pieces of floral wire through the grommets and twisting them tight. Then, Ta Da...finished!
Thanks for stopping by! Take time to "Prettify Your Life"!