Angela's Formula for Decorating your Island on a Budget:
1. Invest in Apothecary Jars (buy ONLY when glassware is half off at the craft stores, or how about trying Goodwill or even garage sales).
2. Invest in a chalkboard or cute memo board to greet guests, celebrate the holidays and special occasions, and to leave notes for family members. I picked up my magnetic chalkboard at a local retailer, but google "The Roundtop Collection" (the maker of my chalkboard).
3. Decorate with candy! Inexpensive and pretty to look at. My normal rule: buy candy to decorate with that you WON'T eat. However, watch the video for more info on that.
4. Enhance your decor with inexpensive seasonal ribbon. (And SAVE the ribbon. I have a plastic container that holds all of my seasonal magnets AND ribbons for my chalkboard).
5. Keep it simple. Only purchase one or two accent pieces.