I was Homeroom Mom last year for my child's class. I made these centerpieces for the tables, and then I brought them home for my breakfast table:
Paper Mache Boxes (Hobby Lobby)
Red Vinyl (www.signwarehouse.com)
Favorite Cricut Font Cartridge
Lollipop Yard Ornaments (Hobby Lobby)
Candy Picks (Hobby Lobby)
Candy of your choice
1. Paint paper mache boxes. These are painted with chalkboard paint because I had initially planned to write lines from Christmas carols on them. But, I didn't like the way regular chalk looked on the boxes. Had I used liquid chalk, I probably would have liked it. I did not use the tops of the boxes for this display. So, I decided to cut out the words in vinyl instead.
2. Cut out phrases from Christmas carols out of red vinyl. I used my Cricut. I can't remember the font. I want to say Sesame Street Sunny Day, but I'm not completely certain.
3. Apply the letters to the boxes. If you want a curved look, you will have to apply the letters individually.
4. Fill the boxes with Styrofoam blocks, topped off with a Styrofoam circle about an inch from the top of the boxes.
5. Put the yard ornament down into the center of the Styrofoam.
6. Cover the rest of the top with candy picks and real Christmas candy.